Are you in recovery from an addiction but lack emotional sobriety?
Are you and your partner living in separate worlds or fighting constantly?
Are memories from the past keeping you from moving forward in the present?
If so, we can help through our counselling services in Vancouver.
experiencing any of the following:
- You feel empty and lonely and yet isolate yourself from others.
- You struggle to avoid relapse with your drug or behavior of choice.
- Your relationships are non-existent or in ruins.
- You have uncontrollable outbursts of anger or feel sad much of the time.
- You feel the need to be doing things all the time and can’t seem to slow down.
- You are afraid of leaving situations – like relationships or jobs that are not good for you.
- You have financial problems that never seem to improve no matter what you do.
"I was lost – in all ways…"
I came to therapy due to the tragic and unexpected loss of my husband. The trauma was unbearable and I was numb. I did not know where or who to turn to. I was lost – in all ways; feelings, mind, body and soul. I had no direction and so sense of security. I felt small – child-like. Today I can...
- You fight constantly over the most insignificant things.
- You have lost the romance that you once had.
- You don’t make time to talk about what is meaningful.
- You sleep in separate beds and don’t have sex.
- You feel alone emotionally and are afraid to ask for what you want.
- You disagree about raising your children and are at an impasse.
- You suspect or know that your partner has been unfaithful.
"I came to counseling because I was desperate"
I was unable to have a long-term relationship. I had an addiction which consumed my personal time and money. It separated me from the opportunity to be with women in a genuine way. I felt it was “hidden” and so I couldn’t share it with anyone. I created a lot of shame and another degree of sep...