I always knew that I would be a professional counsellor/therapist one day, but I needed to work on myself first – this took a while since I had a fair amount to sort through. I started working with children and adolescents but after my Masters degree, I focused only on adults – individuals and couples.
The areas I specialize in include: trauma; abuse/neglect; anxiety & depression; substance dependency; disordered eating; grief, loss & life transitions and couples counselling.
I continue to engage in my own healing work because I strongly believe that I cannot help people unless I, too, am willing to do the hard work required to bring about change. I strive to live a balanced and healthy life so that I can model that for others.
Helping people empower themselves is my passion. When I see individuals and couples take risks and reveal their fears and longings I am hard pressed to find anything that equals that in importance. My hope for all of us is to continually reach to become the best versions of ourselves.
I have been truly fortunate to find an occupation that I love. I am inspired by my clients’ courage and grateful for the opportunity to help them heal and create the life they want.
In addition to my Masters Degree in Psychology, I have training in:
- Bader-Pearson Developmental Model of Couples Therapy – Level 1
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Clinical Hypnosis
A Partial list of Professional Development
- EMDR and Ego State Therapy Across the Dissociative Continuum
- High-Impact Couples Therapy, The Couples Institute
- The Science of Emotion, Gordon Neufeld
- Currant Approaches to Trauma Treatment, Leslie Ellis
- Traumatic Attachment and Affect Regulation, Janina Fisher
- Trauma Treatment, Bessell van der Kolk
- Focusing Oriented Therapy and Complex Trauma, Leslie Ellis
- An Introduction to Dialectical Behavior Therapy. DBT Centre of Vancouver
- Complex Traumatic Stress Disorders. Christine A. Courtois
- Addiction training with Vancouver Coastal Health, Addictions Services
- Solution Focused Therapy with Insoo Kim Berg and Yvonne Dolan